Tuesday, November 8, 2011

CONTEST: H&M Grand Opening VIP Party



As a 20 year resident of Salt Lake City, I reflect fondly upon my younger days as a Crossroads Mall rat. The junior high weekend routine was clearly established: invite skinny, 11 year old, brace face friends over for a Friday night sleepover, write in journals about who is ‘dating’ aka ‘holding hands with’ who in the seventh grade, engage in a lengthy binge of 90210 episodes and then stay up as late as humanly possible.

The true magic of my 11 year life culminated in meandering aimlessly throughout the mall. We’d begin our journey in Limited Too, migrate slowly toward The Gap and conclude our trek in the Food Court. Here, we would gorge on cinnamon buns until our blood sugar levels soared high enough to carry us through an intensive photo shoot in the photo booth at the lower level magic shop.

Fourteen years later, Crossroads is no longer standing, and in its place stands the massive City Creek development. While I was initially saddened by the loss of Crossroads Mall, I am elated by the much needed metamorphosis of the Salt Lake shopping experience that is taking place. 

Since the era of Crossroads we’ve witnessed the opening of the Gateway Mall which introduced new to market retail giants such as Urban Outfitters and Forever 21. We’ve also witnessed the Trolley Square remodel and the arrival of our first American Apparel. While these events have indeed been a step in the right direction for Salt Lake, nothing will elevate the shopping experience more than the grand opening of H&M in Fashion Place Mall. 

Gone are the days of the mandatory and obligatory H&M visit while on vacation. No longer do we need to worry that our return suitcase, crammed full of H&M swag, will exceed the airlines weight requirements resulting in a luggage fee. After years of waiting, our fashion prayers have been answered. We finally have a store that we can call our own. 
_________________________________________________________________

Okay… now onto the CONTEST PORTION of this post:

Now that I've told you what H&M's arrival means to me,
 I would like you to tell me how YOU feel about it!

CONTEST RULES:

1.  FOLLOW MY BLOG TO ENTER

2. EXPRESS WHAT THE FASHION PLACE H&M OPENING MEANS TO YOU. For example, send a videolog of yourself getting weirdly emotional (just don't be naked please,) draw a picture, write a haiku or sing a song... do whatever you like, just as long as your content can be submitted via email. 

3.  EMAIL YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO kristenrapp@gmail.com WITH ‘H&M CONTEST’ IN THE SUBJECT LINE. 

4.       PARTICIPANTS MUST BE RESIDENTS OF SALT LAKE/SURROUNDING AREA.


Tip: Don't over-think this... it's supposed to be fun. You'll get bonus point for humor. 

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE:

ADMITTANCE TO THE H&M GRAND OPENING VIP PARTY, NOVEMBER 10TH, FROM 7-10pm. 



I will be giving away 7 invites total. Each invite allows for one guest. Contest closes tomorrow @ 7pm. I will post my favorite submissions on my blog and will contact the winners via email on Thursday by 10AM MST.


Pickles is REAAAALLLY excited about H&M coming to Salt Lake!

7 comments:

  1. YESSSSS!!! You amaze me. I love Pickles crown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH...so COOL! Wish I could go. I cannot wait for this store to open... I have been giddy about it since I heard it was coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickles, just plain cute! I need to think of something creative. Hope I win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you just pretty much summed up my childhood! awww crossroads. Do you remember playing truth or dare w/santa claus?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so major! F21's opening in our town this Friday and I'm sooo excited!! Wish we can have H&M here too.

    Post photos from the opening event! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Crossroads Mall! I'll have to drive by to see what the City Creek thingy looks like when I'm in SLC for the holidays. I'm so stoked Utah finally has an H&M! Long overdue! ;)

    ReplyDelete