Saturday, April 9, 2011

It's the Freakin' Weekend


Hi Friends. Okay, that post title is really, really dumb. 

I get irritated when people state the obvious. For example, the Facebook Newsfeed always seems to be packed full of redundant status posts reminding me of how I should be suffering through the work week. I love the, 'Happy Monday/We'll get through this together' posts, or the 'Thank God it's Friday' posts. Oh well, I guess it could be worse if people were updating with their bodily functions or trips to the toilet, so I don't know why I'm complaining.

Anyway, the lover boy and I had a romantic afternoon together. The weather is gloomy and overcast and it's still pretty cold outside, so we thought we'd pay a visit to the Beehive Tea Room to warm up and escape the cold.

I hope you all like my new thrifted Bed Cardi. The pattern on this piece caught my eye from afar and I experienced a moment where a shining beam of light highlighted the rack. The clouds parted and angels began to sing. All time stood still as I ran in slow motion to snatch it up, beating all the lurking competitors present in the store. When I finally cradled this bad boy in my arms, I dropped to my knees, sobbing, "Yes! Yesssssss, you're mine!! 

It was pretty intense.

Anyway, meeting up with some girlfriends tonight for a night out on the town. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, my most lovely followers. You're all the coolest gals in the world. <3 

xo Kristen

Oh - one more thing. I was so stoked to be featured as an Editor's Pick on Chictopia. My ego is just growing more and more by the day. I'm just such a goddess and I'm totally winning. (Charlie sheen reference/sarcasm/totally kidding.)


My sweet love and the scrumptious spread. 



Psycho prepares for her big shoot.

Model Material? Totally.
Love cozy atmosphere at the Beehive Tea Room


A friend appears...
Just havin' a chat with Alyce. What a lovely message on this wall.

This is my 'Hi, I'm a cold, whiny biatch, how's the lighting? Good? Great.' face. It's a wonder my man
puts up with me sometimes. :)'



  
If you use my images without asking or I will have to hunt chu down and keeeeeeeell you!! <3


14 comments:

  1. I love the cardigan you look so adorable! And those teacups are absolutely lovely!

    - Meanz (Koi Story)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, girl! Love your site & your style so much! xoxo Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that bed jacket really is a fantastic find. It reminds me a bit of Winter Kate collections. Really pretty! I love how you styled it too. The tea room looks like so much fun as well. There is one fairly near me and you've inspired me to do a tea inspired post!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to meet you, Kristen! You are an absolute darling with great style to match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best style lady. Love the floral blazer, especially paired with those lovely pants and shoes. Yes for some Mazzy Star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear you are amazing HAHAHAAH I love that crazy picture of you...CRAZY FACE BABY. God you make me laugh and I love the description of you and the cardigan...HAHA!!!! So been there done that. Oh HA. I randomly saw my cousin yesterday and we were talking bout when there is other young op shop lovers in the same shop as you...and you try to beat each other to the racks..checking out what they found. HA OH dear...but I am happy to make you laugh..with your bfs invisible mouth..have you seen the twilight zone movie SO GOOD and he is in it HAHAHAA

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style!!!!!!OMG!!!!

    I am soooooo happy to find your blog!!!AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your floral blazer!



    StylePicks
    http://stylepicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so nice to see another Utah girl representing in the fashion industry. You are absolutely adorable. And the tea room looks amazing. The boyfriend and I may have to make a trip there in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these pics are so funny and cute!!
    love Mazzy Star!
    start to follow you:-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos and outfit. i had to lol with the charlie sheen reference. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ladies! Thank you for your adorable comments. You are all so sweet and I loooove all of your blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOO love your cardigan and that one face you made lol. you look great as usual

    -danielle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kristen - you are too adorable! I love all these candid shots, and congrats on being the Editor's Pick - you totally deserve it, you stylish lady!

    By the way, I was a little naughty and tagged you for the Stylish Blogger Award. It's just a little fun fact post so we can all get to know each other better. Click on my post to find out the details.

    http://mcmarmalade.blogspot.com/2011/04/blogger-tag-stylish-blogger-award.html

    xoxo,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete