Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!


Wasn't our table setting AMAZING and hilarious?
My stepmom outdid herself. :)
Hello my chicky birds! I hope you've had a marvelous Easter - I know I did! First and foremost I want to apologize for my absence -  I've been preparing for a presentation on the video I mentioned in my earlier post and I should be done with my five minute speech by tomorrow around noonish (so wish me luck.) I really LOATHE public speaking and I am praying that I don't drool on myself, start to stutter mid sentence or shout out random swear words (like tourettes outburst style)  in front of my classmates. I'm sure that would be a very uncomfortable experience for all of us so I hope it goes down smoothly. 
This is my 'I'm really excited about this Mimosa' face. Aren't Walt's younger brothers just the cutest?
Aside from studying  this weekend I was able to catch up with my amazeballs friend, Kailey, who was back in town for a brief visit (she now lives in Cali - sad face.) We met while serving at a local sushi restaurant about a year ago and bonded immediately over serving male douche bags and evil restaurant goers. One time, while Kailey and myself were working together, I ended up serving this massive jerk (and I mean the most awfully rude man) during the lunch shift.  

He threw a giant temper tantrum over something insignificant. I think he meant to order something vegan and became infuriated when the dish I brought him (aka the dish he ordered) had some form of animal bi-product in it. His complaint had no validity as the menu clearly stated all the ingredients and he was angry at me for not being a magical mind reader, aka not knowing that he was a beautiful, earth loving vegan angel the moment he walked through the doors. (No offence to my vegan readers, I think you are all wonderful and respect your novel dietary choices.) But this guy was straight up crazy, vegan or not.

Long story short he ended up screaming at me (and the manager) in front of everyone in the restaurant and I proceeded to have my first server break-down in the back office after his drama show. In the midst of her boxing up his food, Kailey stuck her head through the door while tears/snot streamed down my face and she was grinning ear to ear.

"Kristen," she said, "Don't even worry. I got your back."
"What do you mean?" I asked her.
"Let's just say Guido face is getting a spitball surprise on his take out roll." She explained while making a spitting gesture and a swirling motion with her finger. "I mixed it in really well," she said laughing.
I can't tell you the sense of retribution I felt through her dirty little act. It had been a horrid day and this jerk was just the icing on the cake.

Now, I do not condone spitting in food (and neither does Kailey) but if you are the type of restaurant goer who likes to yell at servers, frighten other patrons in the restaurant, then don't be surprised if you get an extra 'treat' in your take out.

Anyhow, that is my story of Kailey and only one reason for why she is the coolest and I thought I'd share it with you all.

On a final note, I want to give a 'shout out' to my blogger girlfriend, Sarah aka Roshi from Whimsical Delights She is one of the rare stylish girls out there who also happens to be AMAZINGLY FUNNY! There is an irresistible air of self deprecation in her writing/posts that I find to be just pure perfection. You ought to check her site out.

Here is a totally, random, unrelated photo of my cat, Pickles, in our fridge.


Okay bye for now followers! Hope you have a fabulous week! 

4 comments:

  1. Well that serves him right! I can only say I'd hope to have the guts (or the girlfriend) who'd do that for me! =) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lovely pics!Love those little chickens:x:x:x I m really glad you had such a wonderful time, honey!good luck with your speech!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to work in the food industry before and I admit we do this to bitchy customers sometimes. One reason why I don't bitch around before my food is served. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I love random cat pictures. Please delight us with more!!

    I HATE PUBLIC SPEAKING TO..i seriously used to get the shakes..in grade 8..many years I shook so much I CRIED. but I took..st johns warts and it stopped the shakes. really worked I actually was laughing doing my speech..err/

    AND i just died first from the spitball story!! ahhahahah people who yell at customer service deserve more than spit in their food.
    and second
    NAWWWWWWWWWWWWW MEGA LOVE HEARTS
    kisses to you!! gorgeous lady thank you so much xoxoxooxoxoxoxxooxoxoxooxoxox

    ReplyDelete