Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Weekend of Death

This weekend consisted of my nose being buried in an 'Arts of China' textbook for almost 36 hours straight. I was studying for a heinous exam and felt as though I was on the brink of INSANITY. You know that gross, rusty feeling you get when all you've done for days on end is eat and sit...eat some more...then sit longer? No wonder people gain massive amounts of weight in college. Anyhow, 12 mini Kit-kat bars, 1 emotional breakdown, 2 dried out highlighters and 6 pages of text later I am miraculously still alive.


So what do my pathetic personal woes have to do with this post, you ask?


Well, after the rather 'dry' activities of the weekend I decided to burn off steam by indulging in some creative art. Yes, I'm that weirdo who defines "burning off steam" as toying around with Photoshop, creating elevations of rooms that I would love to lounge around in. (Thanks to Room & Board/Anthropologie for allowing me to play with their furniture...oh and Ansel Adams, thanks to you too!)
Photoshop/Hand rendering by me, myself and I


Also after this weekend, I decided I would take up painting. I've attempted a few paintings here and there but have never made it past that "awkward phase' where everything looks blocky and flat. This time, I am fully committed to stick it out, even if it ends up looking totally sad. At least I can say I tried, right? 


The picture below is Stage 1 of my endeavors... (still in that 'awkward, blocky' phase.)





A photo I snapped outside Glacier National Park, MT - (if you haven't been, you need to go because this place is stunning.) Also the subject matter of my 'special' painting.


I'll keep you updated as I go. Wish me luck!


Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya!!!
    Let's go blow off some steam this weekend yeah?

    I just finished my very first nursing care plan (physical assessment, pathophysiology, demographics, nursing goals, nursing interventions, medication administration and considerations, and mooooore)It was hell, HELL I SAY.

    Keep your head up and eat a salad! As a friend in the medical field I must insist you eat a healthy dinner tonight.
    Love you and loved seeing you Saturday.

    Call me soon.
    Love, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete